February 2, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V052000
Suspension misalignment may cause premature or uneven tire wear, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V052
Manufacturer Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Components SUSPENSION, TIRES
Potential Number of Units Affected 1
Dealers will inspect the front and rear axles, adjust the alignment as necessary, and replace any prematurely or unevenly worn tires, free of charge. The owner notification letter is expected to be mailed April 1, 2022. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is ANA2.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
1 Affected Product
2 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V052-9985
- X8R PISTON RING REPAIR KIT FOR WABCO AIR SUSPENSION COMPRESSOR TYPE COMPATIBLE WITH PORSCHE CAYENNE 2002-2010 PRODUCTION WITH WABCO AIR SUSPENSION COMPRESSOR PART# X8R45. Noisy suspension? Is your vehicles air suspension rising slowly or perhaps failing to rise at all? Red Air Suspension Light lit? 1772 - Pressure problems, 1400 - Control position not adjustable, 1577 - Can't raise, errors shown?
- VEHICLES AFFECTED: Porsche Cayenne models between 2002-2010 Associated part numbers, our kit will only repair Wabco compressors. 95535890104 Wabco: 415 403 302 0, 415 403 113 0.
- THE CAUSE: The piston ring within your vehicles EAS air compressor is worn reducing output significantly.The poor quality piston ring within your air suspensions compressor wears over time causing these symptoms. The piston ring within the compressor unit of your air suspension system deteriorates over time, the OEM piston ring is made from a soft plastic that wears quickly, this wear substantially reduces the output of your compressor leading to noisy, slow rising or non-rising suspension.
- THE SOLUTION: Fit our improved design PTFE piston ring and restore your compressor to full health! Simply install our replacement PTFE piston ring and restore your compressor, full instructions are included to guide you through this simple process which should take under 30 minutes. Our item is made from PTFE which has far superior wear resistance compared to the OEM part providing a permanent fix to the problems with your compressor.
- Genuine Oem: Yes, Category 2: Front Suspension, Fitment Footnotes: Incl.ball Joint, Item Name: Upper Control Arm, Position: Front Upper
- Brand: Porsche, Fitment Type: Direct Replacement, Bushings: Bushings, Part Ref# On Diagram: ONLY PART REFERENCE #14 ON THE DIAGRAM I, Category 1: Front Suspension
- Manufacturer Part Number: 95834105100, Category 3: Upper Control Arm, Vendor: Vendor, Quantity Needed: 2
- Genuine Oem:Yes, Category 2:Front Suspension, Fitment Footnotes:Diag Ref #13, Item Name:Lower Control Arm, Position:Front Left Lower
- Brand:Porsche, Fitment Type:Direct Replacement, Superseded Part Number:95534101760, Part Ref# On Diagram:ONLY PART REFERENCE #13 ON THE DIAGRAM I, Category 1:Front Suspension
- Manufacturer Part Number:95534101761, Category 3:Lower Control Arm, Other Part Number:95534101760, Quantity Needed:1
- Genuine Oem:Yes, Category 2:Front Suspension, Fitment Footnotes:Diag Ref #4, Other Part Number:97034124501, Quantity Needed:2
- Brand:Porsche, Fitment Type:Direct Replacement, Vendor:Vendor, Item Name:Lower Control Arm Inner Bushing, Position:Front Lower Forward
- Manufacturer Part Number:97034124502, Category 3:Suspension Components, Superseded Part Number:97034124501, Part Ref# On Diagram:ONLY PART REFERENCE #3 ON THE DIAGRAM IS, Category 1:Front Suspension
Last update on 2022-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.