January 28, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V040000
Rear axle misalignment may cause premature or uneven tire wear, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V040
Manufacturer Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Components SUSPENSION, TIRES
Potential Number of Units Affected 1,241
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2021-2022 Cayenne vehicles. The rear axle alignment may not have been inspected after the repairs for Recall 21V-271 (AMA9) were performed.
Dealers will inspect the rear axle, adjust the alignment as necessary, and replace any prematurely or unevenly worn tires, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed March 29, 2022. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is ANA1.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Suspension alignment of the rear axle was not originally included in the remedy procedure for Recall Campaign AMA9. This may result in alterations in the wheel alignment, and in some instances, result in premature and uneven wear of the tires.
What should Dealers do?
Please do not deliver affected vehicles in dealer inventory until further notice. Customer vehicles will be recalled to the dealer to have the revised remedy performed.
What will Porsche do?
Additional information will be provided as soon as possible.
Customer Reactive Statement
The safety of anyone travelling in one of our cars is our highest priority. For this reason, we regularly review the quality of our work. We previously recalled a number of model year 2021 and 2022 Cayenne vehicles to replace lock nuts that were not up to our standards on the trailing arms of the rear axles. It has since come to our attention that in some of these cases, this remedy may have resulted in rear axles being out of alignment, which in turn could cause excess tire wear. While no incidents have been recorded, we will check the suspension alignment on affected vehicles and adjust as necessary, as well as replace tires if there is premature wear due to this issue.
Customers whose cars are affected will be contacted in due course for the work to be carried on a date convenient to them. There will be no charge for this. In the meantime, their cars remain safe to drive, although we recommend that customers monitor their tires for any excess wear in the meantime.
2 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V040-5526
Latest Recalls Documents
- All-In-One Tool Measures Camber, Caster, AND Toe!
- Patent Pending wheel stand-offs provide unparalleled accuracy.
- Camber Accurate to Within 0.1 Degrees (much better than a bubble gauge).
- Expensive Turn Plates Are NOT Needed for Caster Measurment.
- Detailed, Step by Step Video Instructions.
- 【Accurate Measurement】Measures the Camber and Caster angle on the wheel hub or brake disc. Attach the magnetic gauge to the hub or disc brake,suitable for accurate checking of the castor and camber angle Wheel Alignment tool".
- 【Adjustable Gauge】Allows you to return the strut to the original camber position after dismantling and re-assembling the suspension or to check the amount of camber change before re-installing.
- 【Multi-Function】The magnetic gauge tool has a powerful magnet it can easily attached on all kind metal surfaces.Also it could be used as a normal gradienter.(Note:Please double check and make sure the panel is balance before using.You could screw the button behind the gauge to adjust panel level)
- 【Easy To Read】Size: 4.5’’*1.2’’*0.8’’,it has a simple leveling adjustment from -5 degrees to 5 degrees.Body of gauge is made of high density aluminum and precision level vial,high strength plasticity.
- 【Professional Tools】Allows adjustment to maintain correct wheel alignment and even tyre wear.Suitable for automobile cars motorcycles trucks vans SUV tire repair.
- UNIVERSAL ADAPTER PLATE: Wheel Alignment Tool With Universal Adapter Plate For Magnetic Camber Gauges
- FITS MOST RIM SIZES: Mounts Onto 11" To 25" Rims On The Rim's Edge
- HUNTER STYLE LOCATING PINS: Adjustable And Reversible Hunter Style Rim Locating Pins
- STAINLESS STEEL: Stainless Steel Adapter Plate For Camber Caster Gauge
- DURABLE SLIDER RODS: Heavy Duty Slider Rods
- Measurements are taken from the wheel rim itself, NOT the tire like other toe plates.
- Package includes 2 high resolution tape measures with 1/32in increments
- Degree alignment specs can be used thanks to the attached degree to inch conversion chart
- Specially cut slots will not let the ends of the tape measures fall out while in use
- Everything snaps together for easy storage and transport, no case needed
- Toe Alignment Kit
- HIGH FUNCTIONALITY: High-performance wheel alignment tool measures the toe-in, toe-out, tire camber, and calculates the caster using wheel rotation and horizontal offset. These toe plates can help you to adjust your car better.
- DURABLE STRUCTURE: Toe alignment plates are made of aluminum alloy, which is not easy to bend or deform. The strudy structure will provide you with long-term service.
- STAND OFF WHEELS: Our toe alignment tool is different from most products on the market. Two triangular aluminum holders are welded under each aluminum plate, allow our aluminum plates to stand upright by themselves. In addition, you can paste non-slip rubber strips under the aluminum plate to make alignment plates stand more stable.
- MASTERFUL SLOTS: Masterful cut slots can directly clamp the tape measure head. No extra magnetic stripe is needed, not easy to fall, very convenient for one person to operate.
- UNRESTRICTED USE: Two plates can be fixed together with the buckle on the tape measure. The recessed design in the middle is very convenient to carry. It is suitable for most family cars and SUVs. If you have a lifted/4x4 vehicle with larger than stock offroad tires, the tire sidewall will likely be too tall for these to work.
- This wheel alignment tool used for fixing the steering wheel position,it is available for most of the car
- Used in conjunction with vehicle detection, more accurate measurement results
- Press the handle of the deck to the lower end of the steering wheel and release, lock it by spring force
- Material: Iron, Plastic
- Width: 155MM/6.1'' ; Height: 350MM/13.8''
- High tech aluminum gauge for measuring toe
- Eliminates need for tape measures
- Measures in 1/16" increments
- 67 1/2" max width
- Maximum 67-1/2 inch track width
- To make measurement more accurate.
- By pressing the locking switch can adjust the height
- This rack is a simple but must have tool for aligning a vehicle, it has a loaded spring to fit a wide variety of cars, trucks etc.
- Material: Iron, Plastic
- Width: 155MM/6.1'' ; Height: 368MM/14.5''
- ✔Adjustable magnetic gauge tool allows you to return the strut to the original camber position after dismantling and re-assembling the suspension or to check the amount of camber change before re-installing. Measures the Camber and Caster angle on the wheel hub or brake disc. Suitable for accurate checking of the castor and camber angle.
- ✔Adjustable magnetic gauge tool has a powerful magnet could be easily mounted on all kinds of metal surface.(Note:Please double check and make sure the panel is balance before using.You could screw the button behind the gauge to adjust panel level)
- ✔Size: 4.5”*1.2”*0.8” It has a simple leveling adjustment from -5 degrees to 5 degrees.Body of gauge is made of high density aluminum and precision level vial.
- ✔Adjustable magnetic gauge tool also it could be used as a normal gradienter (Magnetic mount could be released)
- ✔Professional adjustable magnetic gauge tool measures the Camber and Caster angle on the wheel hub or brake disc, suitable for automobile cars motorcycles trucks vans SUV tire repair.
Last update on 2022-08-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.