February 20, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V112000
Loose shock absorbers may impair vehicle steering, increasing the risk of crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V112
Manufacturer Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 1
Porsche will notify the owner, and a dealers will replace the shock absorber forks, free of charge. The recall began April 19, 2019. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is AKA2.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
AKA2 – Replacing Shock Absorber fork on the Front Axle (Stop Delivery/Recall Campaign)
|Model Line:||Cayenne (9YA)|
|Model Year:||As of 2019|
|Subject:||Shock absorber forks on front axle|
|Infomation:||Shock absorber forks with casting defects were installed on the front axle of the affected vehicles.
These casting defects may affect the durability of the shock absorber forks. Cracks can appear in the shock absorber clamp area, causing it to break. In extreme driving situations, the wheel could then tilt in an undefined manner and touch against components around it. This would restrict the steering.
|Remedial Action:||Replace shock absorber fork on the front axle.|
|Only the vehicles assigned to the campaign (see also PIWIS Vehicle information). This campaign affects 1 vehicle in North America.
Please note that only one shock absorber fork (front left or front right) must be replaced on each vehicle.
Specific campaign scopes have therefore been defined for replacing the shock absorber forks. Every vehicle is clearly assigned just one campaign scope.
To find out which campaign scope is assigned to the respective vehicle for replacing the front shock absorber fork on the front axle, see PIWIS Vehicle Information.
For an overview of the campaign scopes, see ⇒Technical Information ‘Warranty processing’.
|Parts Info:||Parts required for replacing the front left shock absorber fork (Scope 1):
Parts required for replacing the front right shock absorber fork (Scope 2):
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
April 16, 2019
This notice applies to your vehicle: WPIAF2AY5Y
Recall Number: 19V-112
|Subject:||Porsche Safety Recall AKA2 – Replacing shock absorber fork on the front axle -2019 Model Year Porsche Cayenne Turbo Vehicles|
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Porsche has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2019 Model Year Porsche Cayenne Turbo vehicles. Our records show that you are the owner of a vehicle affected by this action.
|What is the issue?||Due to a potential durability issue with the front shock absorbers, the absorber can become cracked and, in some cases even break. This can affect steering in certain driving conditions, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|What will we do?||Porsche will remedy this issue by having dealers re-program the affected software for free to prevent this issue from recurring.|
|What should you do?||If you hear any unusual noises from the front suspension, please bring your vehicle to your authorized Porsche dealer for immediate service. Please make contact with your authorized Porsche dealership to schedule a repair appointment, and to arrange in advance for a Porsche loaner vehicle should you require alternate transportation during the repair period. Replacing the affected parts is expected to take approximately two hours to complete.|
|Lease vehicles and address changes||If you are the lessor and registered owner of the vehicle identified in this action, the law requires you to forward this letter immediately via first-class mail to the lessee within ten days of receipt. If you have changed your address or sold the vehicle, please fill out the enclosed prepaid Owner Reply Card and mail it to us so we can update our records.|
|Reimbursement||This recall will be carried out at no expense to the customer.|
|Can we assist you further?||Please be aware that if, after we have notified you that replacement parts for your vehicle are available, you require any assistance in making an appointment to have this recall performed, please call or write::|
If you still cannot obtain satisfaction, and your dealer or Porsche is unable to remedy the defect without charge or within a reasonable amount of time, you may file a complaint with:
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20590
or call the toll-free Vehicle safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause you. However, we are taking this action to help ensure your safety and continued satisfaction with your vehicle.
Very truly yours,
PORSCHE CARS NORTH AMERICA, INC
Vice President, After Sales
1 Affected Product
4 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- CLEANS AWAY HARMFUL SALT AND WINTER GRIME - Most people dont know how corrosive road salts are to their vehicles. Salt will eat away at your wheels, damage protective clear coats, and quickly create rust spots. CarGuys Premium Wheel Cleaner will safely and effectively wash it all away!
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY Do you know why over the counter products are so CHEAP!? Because they use DIRTY and CHEAP chemicals that are harmful to the environment. All of our products are made in the USA by hard working Americans and conform to all safety regulations. This has been specially formulated to be Acid Free, Non-Toxic, and pH balanced. You can be sure that our products are safe!
- SAFE ON EVERY WHEEL OR TIRE Will NOT damage or stain your wheels. It WILL clean any and every kind of wheel or tire that you can put on your vehicle. Alloy, Aluminum, Anodized, Chrome, Painted, Polished, Clear-coated and Plasti-Dipped Rims! If its not on this list, the answer is yes, it will work!
- BRIGHTEN & CLEAN WHITE WALL TIRES MOTORCYCLE SAFE This cleaner has a use for everything! Do you have a classic car with beautiful white-wall tires? Are you looking for a motorcycle wheel cleaner? This product is for you!
- 100% SATISFACTION MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - No fine printing to read, no gimmicks. Get in contact with us to see what great customer service feels like!
- ULTIMATE CLEANING POWER - Quickly and easily clean the dirt and brake dust off your wheels! Our Ultimate Wheel Cleaner is specially formulated to attack the brake dust particles that cake onto your wheels! Bring back that
- EASY-TO-USE & 100% SAFE FOR ALL RIMS - Simply spray on, let the wheel soak and rinse off! Safely use it on all types of wheels! Aluminum, Alloy, Mag, Chrome, Painted, Clearcoated, Polished, Plastidipped, you name it!
- ADVANCED, SAFE & pH NEUTRAL FORMULA - Our formula is a bit different than what you are used to. Dare we say better! Besides being acid-free, we do not use any dyes or scents which can irritate or harm! Just pure cleaning chemicals that are tested to be 100% safe for you, your wheels and the environment!
- SAFE FOR ALL TIRES & RUBBER - Many wheel cleaners on the market do a decent job of cleaning your wheels, but what you don't know is they are slowly attacking and eating away at your tires, causing them to stain, dull and ultimately dry-rot and crack! Our wheel and tire cleaner is safe for all your tires and any surrounding areas you might accidentally spray!
- CARFIDANTcare 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Don't take our word that this is the best in car detailing products and car cleaning supplies, if you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! We are professionals! We are enthusiasts! We spent years developing our professional automotive detailing products and believe in them 100%! We use them. Our friends use them. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, we will give you a full refund! Send us a message!
- ELIMINATES DIRT AND BRAKE DUST! Which part of your car takes the biggest beating? Your wheels! Between the heat, elements, and constant brake contaminants your wheels are almost immediately dirty. Adam's Polishes Wheel Cleaner is a specifically formulated chemical designed to target heavy brake dust and leave your wheels spotless.
- ADVANCED CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY! Spray Adam's Polishes Wheel Cleaner and watch as the brake dust bleeds bright purple and falls off! This acid-free and pH neutral formula penetrates dirt and grime at the source and makes your wheel cleaning time significantly shorter!
- SAFE ON MANY FINISHES! Safe on clear-coated, powder-coated, chrome, alloy, and painted wheels. Most wheel cleaners can be harmful to your wheel finish and dissolve more than what you wanted to clean off! Adam's Polishes Wheel Cleaner gets to work fast and dissolves stubborn metallic contamination.
- PROUDLY CRAFTED IN THE USA! This state of the art wheel cleaner is a simple spray on, and agitate chemical that is certain to be the best wheel cleaner and brake dust remover & cleaner that you have ever used.
- 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and believe that this is THE BEST automotive high performance wheel cleaner on the market! If you don't agree, we'll do everything we can to make it right.
- Xtreme Cling foam vigorously clings to vertical surfaces and dissolves brake dust and grime
- Safe and effective on factory painted and clear coated rims, and tires as well
- Visually see dirt and grime lifting off the wheel & tire
- Easy to use and convenient trigger spray, spray-on and hose-off with water
- Leaves rims with a brilliant shine while effectively cleaning
- NEW - EASY TO USE + ACID FREE! NEW: Renny Doyle Double Black Collection Version
- FOAMING WHEEL CLEANER: Brake Buster's Foaming Action Ensures Complete Coverage
- QUICKLY & SAFELY REMOVES: Brake Dust, Oil, Dirt, Stains and Light Corrosion
- RENNY DOYLE DOUBLE BLACK COLLECTION: Master Level Professional Detailing Products From P&S - Family Owned & Operated For Over 50 Years!
- Safe for all factory coated wheels
- Foam action removes grease, grime, and brake dust
- Restores Tires Back To Black
- Easy To Use Hose Sprayer
- No Scrub Formula
- FAST ACTING: Active gel quickly dissolves heavy brake dust and turns purple as it dissolves brake dust
- PRISTINE WHEELS: Tough on road grime and dirt, but not your wheels
- SAFE FOR ALL WHEELS: Acid free and pH balanced - safe for all wheel finishes
- EASY ON BRAKES: Safe on painted brake components
- THE BEST WHEEL CLEANER: Delivers powerful cleaning, yet gentle and safe
- Foaming, non-acidic spray, formulated to quickly and easily clean both wheels and tires, including blackwalls and whitewalls
- Safe for painted, clearcoated, color coated, steel, modular, chrome, or factory coated wheels and hubcaps
- Unique spray on, hose off design safely penetrates, dissolves and suspends all types of brake dust, grease, dirt, and grime
- For use on factory/OEM coated wheels and hubcaps only. Avoid polished or roughcast aluminum, billet or anodized wheels. Do not use on motorcycle wheels, casings or components
- SAFE ON ALL WHEELS: Acid-free, pH balanced formula won't damage wheels. Safe on various wheel finishes including: Chrome, Aluminum, Steel, Clear Coated, PVD, Painted, Plastic Wheel Covers, Magnesium, AND Aftermarket Wheels
- WATCH IT WORK: The color changing formula activates when it comes in contact with the ferrous metals (iron) from brake dust or other dirt and grime. Full Effect sprays on fluorescent yellow, then turns deep red or purple as it dissolves brake dust
- ADVANCED AND EFFECTIVE CHEMISTRY: Full Effect, non acid wheel cleaner attaches and emulsifies stubborn baked on brake dust. Simply spray on, let it dwell, watch for color change, agitate if necessary, and rinse with water. *For best results rinse using high pressure water
- Full Effect is great for both the DIY (do-it-yourself) and the professional. Effortlessly achieve shining wheels that will make your vehicle look like it just rolled off the showroom floor
- Full Effect needs to be used on cool and dry wheels. Product is ready to use, do not dilute with water. *Use caution when applying this product to anodized wheels and brake systems - test in an inconspicuous area prior to use
Last update on 2019-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API