September 1, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V679000
A carrier fracture may cause a loss of control, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V679
Manufacturer Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 4,934
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2013-2015 Boxster, 2013-2014 Boxster S, 2014-2015 Cayman, Cayman S, 2015 Boxster GTS, and Cayman GTS vehicles. The rear-axle carrier side sections may fracture.
Dealers will replace the rear-axle carrier side sections, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed January 6, 2022. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is AMB7.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
As of 2013 up to 2015
Carrier side section on the rear axle at the left and right
There is a possibility that carrier side sections on the rear axle that do not meet the required specifications due to a manufacturing error were installed on the affected vehicles over a certain period of time.
If this is the case, one or both supports of the transverse control units on the carrier side section may break over the service life of the vehicle. Fracture of both carriers would impair the wheel guide. Potential loss of control over the vehicle cannot be ruled out in this case.
Replace axle carrier side sections.
7 Affected Products
12 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Part 577 Owner Notification EnvelopeRONE-21V679-9595
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2RCLRPT-21V679-7627
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RIONL-21V679-6137
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1RCLRPT-21V679-5787
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – AMB7 Recall campaign Replacing axle carrier side sectionRCMN-21V679-0595
Recall 573 Report – November 15, 2021RCLRPT-21V679-2605
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2022-1
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-21V679-3210
Latest Recalls Documents
- Formulated to maintain excellent low temperature fluid protection
- Helps provide outstanding thermal stability for cleanliness and longer service life
- Contains special additives to assist in protecting gear teeth from rust and corrosion and reduce chattering in limited-slip differentials
- Recommended for conventional and limited slip differentials and non-synchronized manual transmissions where API GL-5 or API GL-4 fluid is specificed
- Protects against severe temperatures to help extend service life
- Formulated with extreme-pressure additives to minimize gear wear from shock loads
- Helps protect against gear wear from scuffing, scouring, corrosion and pitting
- Recommended for limited-slip hypoid differentials and non-synchronized manual transmissions in passenger cars, light trucks, sport utility vehicles, vans and heavy-duty trucks where an API-GL5 or GL-4 fluid is specified
- Works in tight spaces and makes gear oil easier to use
- Full Synthetic formula for exceptional high and low temperature protection
- Contains an extreme pressure additive for better load carrying capacity and wear protection
- Excellent thermal stability designed to protect oil from high temperature breakdown
- Formulated for ultimate gear protection and performance
- Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS is a supreme performance, synthetic, multipurpose, automotive gear lubricant
- Meet or exceed the highest level of performance requirements of many modern passenger vehicles – including limited slip applications
- Helps protect against thermal and oxidative degradation, wear and corrosion, and viscosity loss associated with premature shearing
- Promotes outstanding power transfer performance - even in some of the most severe driving conditions
- Sold as 6 pack
- Fit Type: Vehicle Specific
- Package Dimensions: 31.75 H x 15.24 L x 15.24 W (centimeters)
- Country of Origin : United States
- Package Weight: 3.447 kilograms
- Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube Ls 75W-90 Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube Ls 75W-90 Is A Supreme Performance, Synthetic, Multi-Purpose, Sae 75W-90 Automotive Gear Lubricant Designed To Meet The Highest Level Of Performance Requirements Of Modern Passenger Vehicles In All Types Of Operating Conditions, Including Limited Slip Applications, As Well As Delivering Outstanding Power Transfer Performance
- Compared To Conventional Hypoid Gear Lubricants, Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube Ls 75W-90 Performs Exceptionally Well Over A Wide Range Of Temperatures
- Through Creativity, Productivity And Innovation - This Brand Continues To Develop The Finest Automotive Accessories
- Model Number : 104361-UNIT
- Package Dimensions: 5.08 H x 25.907 L x 13.208 W (centimeters)
- Country of Origin : United States
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Package Weight: 1.899 pounds
- Case of 3 // 1 Quart (32 Ounces)
- Royal Purple engineered this ultra-tough, high performance automotive hypoid gear oil to provide maximum protection to heavily loaded gears while maximizing power throughout the drive train. Max Gear outperforms ordinary gear oils by combining the highest quality synthetic oils with Royal Purple’s proprietary Synerlec additive technology.
- Maximizes horsepower, Extends gear and bearing life, Reduces operating temperature, Severe service performance, Lower coefficient of friction, Superior corrosion protection
- Superior corosion protection, Seperates rapidly from water, Meets warranty requirements, Environmentally responsible, Formulated for limited-slip differential use
- Max Gear makes gears run smoother, quieter, cooler and longer without overhauls. A direct reduction of drag in the drive train has huge advantage for trucks and other 4-wheel drive vehicles: better gas mileage. Max Gear is formulated with a friction modifier additive – no additional additives are necessary.
- Ultra-tough, high performance Automotive hypoid gear oil to provide maximum protection to heavily loaded gears while maximizing power throughout the drive train
- Max Gear outperforms ordinary gear oils by combining the highest quality synthetic oils with Royal Purple's proprietary Synerlec additive technology
- Makes gears run smoother, quieter, cooler and longer without overhauls
- A direct reduction of drag in the drive train has huge advantage for trucks and other 4-wheel drive vehicles
- Formulated with a friction modifier additive - no additional additives are necessary
Last update on 2022-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.