April 24, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V322000
An electrical short increases the risk of fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V322
Manufacturer Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 33,206
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2010-2016 Panamera 4S and Panamera S, 2011-2016 Panamera, Panamera 4 and Panamera Turbo, 2012-2016 Panamera Turbo S and Panamera S E-Hybrid, 2013-2016 Panamera GTS, 2013 Panamera Platinum Edition and Panamera 4 Platinum Edition, 2014-2016 Panamera 4S Executive, Panamera Turbo Executive and Panamera Turbo S Executive, 2015 Panamera Diesel and 2016 Panamera 4 Edition, Panamera Edition and Panamera Turbo S Exclusive Series vehicles. Water may enter the A/C blower control unit, causing an electrical short circuit.
Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the blower control unit, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began February 10, 2020. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is AKA7. Note: Porsche recommends that owners park their vehicle outdoors until the recall remedy has been performed.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
AKA7 – Checking Control Unit for Air-Conditioning Blower and Replacing it if Necessary (Recall Campaign)
|Revision:||October 1, 2019
This revision amends AKA7 as follows:
All references to “right hand drive” were removed, Remedial Action was revised, and new scopes were added.
|Model Year:||2010 – 2016|
|Model Line:||Panamera (970)|
|Subject:||Control unit for air-conditioning blower|
|Concern:||There is a possibility that moisture can get into the control unit for the air-conditioning blower on the affected vehicles and cause short circuits there.
Depending on how much moisture gets in, this can cause malfunctions and short circuits in the air-conditioning blower control system.
These short circuits can lead to an increased risk of fire.
|Remedial Action:||Check control unit for air-conditioning blower (blower regulator) and replace it if necessary.
If the interim solution WKE0 has not yet been carried out on a vehicle in addition to this campaign, WKE0 must not be carried out.
On vehicles on which the interim solution was carried out, the blower regulator must be replaced during campaign AKA7 and the relay that was installed temporarily in the electric wire harness must be removed again. There will then no longer be any loss of comfort.
The work required for this must be performed as described underTechnical Information ‘Removing relay for activating control unit for air-conditioning blower and replacing blower regulator’.
For warranty processing for both campaigns, proceed as follows in this case:
|Affected Vehicles:||Only the vehicles assigned to the campaign (see also PCSS Vehicle Information).|
|Installation position:||Installation position of control unit for air-conditioning blower|
Required parts and materials
|Parts Info:||No parts are required for checking the control unit for air-conditioning blower.
Parts required if the control unit for air-conditioning blower must be replaced:
|Expendable items:||Additional materials required for vehicles on which the interim solution WKE0 was carried out:
Required materials (usually already available in the Porsche dealer).
For warranty processing, the Part No. AKA70000001 with the designation “expendable items” can be invoiced as an additional part in the warranty claim. Maximum cost: $2.50.
46 Affected Products
|PORSCHE||PANAMERA S E-HYBRID||2012-2016|
|PORSCHE||PANAMERA TURBO S||2012-2016|
8 Associated Documents
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-19V322-4645
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V322-4904
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V322-8325
Recall 573 Report – AMENDMENT 1
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – AKA7 Recall Campaign – Checking control unit for air-conditioning blower and replacing it if necessary dated 6-21-19 through 9-30-19.RCMN-19V322-7129
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V322-6122
Latest Recalls Documents
- For professional use only – not for retail sale
- Fast curing and skins over quickly—can be painted 60 minutes after application
- Can be used for all sealing and adhesive applications with a standard caulking gun in both vertical and horizontal joints
- Flexible, non-staining, and non-sagging product that will not crack or shrink
- SINGLE COMPONENT FORMULA: Adheres well to bare metal, primed metal and painted surfaces
- MOISTURE CURING PROPERTY: Provides excellent performance in high heat and humidity environments
- NON-SHRINKING, NON-CRACKING: Remains flexible and offers superior results to solvent-based sealers
- QUICK PAINTABILITY: Allows painting after 30-45 minutes
- THICK CONSISTENCY: Fills large voids and can be smoothed to a featheredge or brushed
- EASY APPLICATIONS: Brushable and paintable consistency
- HIGH ADHESION: Works on both bare metal and painted surfaces
- FAST SKINNING: Starts in about 10 to 15 minutes
- STAYS IN PLACE: Less likely to drip, sag or run out of gaps being sealed
- NON-STAINING: For all-purpose autobody joint and seam sealing
- Seal seams and permanently repair holes in tents, tarps, awnings, rainflys and camping gear like Thermarest sleeping pads
- Treat up to up to 12’ of seams (1 oz) or repair torn outdoor fabrics with an adhesive that cures into a flexible rubber seal; also available in an 8 oz tube
- Waterproof gear with a sealant that flexes with fabric and bonds to nylon, polyester, canvas, leather and vinyl
- Apply it to repair or re-proof gear without worrying about the seal peeling or cracking; includes two applicator brushes
- Packaging may vary
- Seal up to 60 ft of seams on tents, tarps and awnings with this water-based seam sealant; cures in 2 hours at room temperature
- Use it on various outdoor fabrics including nylon, polyester, and canvas; previously known as Seam Sure
- Apply this long-lasting seal that is nearly invisible and flexes with fabric; available in 2 fl oz bottle
- Treat gear using the included applicator brush to make application quick and easy
- Packaging may vary
- Waterproofs sewn seams on nylon and other synthetic outdoor fabrics
- Ideal for tents, tarps, rain gear, and backpacks
- Colorless, flexible, and washable
- Brushable Seam Sealer is fast drying and designed exclusively for automotive uses.
- This product remains flexible and will not crack, harden, sink or sag.
- Brushable Seam Sealer is easily applied with a brush and holds a perfect brush mark to match that O.E.M. seam.
- It provides excellent adhesion, seals cracks, crevices, body seams and is ideal for use on all lap and flange seams and joints.
- Brushable Seam Sealer is paintable in 30 to 60 minutes and comes in a light gray color.
- Seam Sealer Compound is fast curing and designed exclusively for automotive uses
- This product is a one part, high performance sealant that combines high flexibility with high ultimate strength, permanent bonds and long service life.
- These products are high quality elastomeric sealants formulated to provide excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and come in an easy to use, non-sag consistency suitable for easy application with a standard caulking gun in both horizontal and vertical automotive joints.
- Smooth creamy non-sag texture – easy to tool
- High rubber content, highly elastic, good low temperature flexibility
- Seal up to 24 ft of seams with 1.5 oz of this durable, clear adhesive that bonds permanently to silicone-treated (silynylon) tents
- Apply to ultra-light gear including silnylon backpacks; cures to a flexible, elastic seal that flexes and stretches with fabric
- Creates a long-lasting, waterproof seal that won’t peel or crack over time; not affected by extreme heat or cold
- Also ideal for applying on silnylon tarps, shelters, and rainwear to keep water out (previously known as SIL Net)
- Packaging may vary
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: Two-part epoxy seals vertical and horizontal seams to match OEM seals
- METERED MIXING: Dual syringe cartridge eliminates the difficulty and mess of manual mixing
- NON-FLOWING: Heavy-bodied formula allows easy tooling for matching OEM seam sealer appearances
- QUICK CURE: Non-sag property aids during vertical applications
- SELF-MIXES: Makes a perfect formulation every time without mess
Last update on 2023-01-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.