An intermittent loss of power steering assist can increase the risk of a crash.
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Porsche Panamera, Panamera 4, Panamera 4S, Panamera Turbo, Panamera 4S Executive, Panamera Turbo Executive, 2018 Panamera 4 Executive, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive, Panamera S E-Hybrid Executive, Panamera 4 Sport Turismo, Panamera 4S Sport Turismo, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo, Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo, and Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo vehicles. A software failure may result in an intermittent loss of electric power steering assist.
Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the power steering control unit, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 17, 2019. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is AJ13.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
February 4, 2019
Recommended Pass Thru Devices:
Porsche is not responsible for any content on these two external sites
Pass Thru – Check ECU
Pass Thru – ECU Check verifies the vehicle compliance with the latest air polution restrictions of the following organisations:
Pass Thru – Check ECU checks the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) stored in the vehicles Digital Motor Electronic (ECU) against the PAG database.
Pass Thru – Check ECU is free of charge and does not require any login.
How to perform a Pass Thru – ECU Check:
- Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- In case of EPA offical enter the CVN ID.
- In case of CARB offical enter the Cal ID.
- Click the “CHECK ECU Version” button.
If the VIN is valid you see:
VIN IS VALID – User has the latest Update
How to find the VIN:
The VIN is labeled inside the windscreen at the bottom right side: see sample.
How to get the CVN ID / Cal ID:
CVN / Cal IDs can be retrieved with a generic scan tool device.
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1" 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7" 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING Exceptional OE-Level functionality from comprehensive OBDII diagnostics & services to advanced ECU coding and programming working with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming pass-thru interface
- EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE; The most extensive complete system coverage for more than 80 US domestic, Asian and European makes and models
- AUTOMATIC SYSTEM Automatic system and software updates with real-time push message notifications via internet with instant remote control tech support anytime, anywhere and interactive Data Logging sessions enable direct contact with Autel
- ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS Support for first-hand troubleshooting of diagnostic bugs and errors, and one-stop multitasking designed for ideal management of workshop operations to keep all data files, customer info, and vehicle records well organized
- UNIQUE ERGONOMIC DESIGN; with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing
- The CarDAQ-Plus2 is the next generation Drew Technologies J2534-1 and J2534-2 device with advanced support for J2534 v05.00 and DoIP.
- Features High Speed USB and support for global vehicles.
- Meets all of today's SAE J2534 standards.
- Rugged plastic case included for safe and convenient transporting.
- Free J2534 Toolbox application, online software updates and phone support.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1" 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7" 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- 【SUPERIOR CODING & PROGRAMMING】 Supports coding and programming especially for BMW and Mercedes. With the VCI of MK908P for SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 protocols, it can replace the existing software and firmware in ECU without expensive original equipment.
- 【WIDE DIAGNOSTIC SOLUTIONS】 Well capable of VCM coding and programming, TPMS coding, intelligent cruise control (ICC), ECU coding, live data, dashboard matching, airbag system reset, anti-theft key matching and more.
- 【POWERFUL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL】 The oscilloscope MP408 combine with MaxiCOM MK908P is able to measure and test virtually all the electrical and electronic components and circuits in any modern vehicles, providing you an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle's electronic circuits.
- 【HIGH-EFFICIENCY OF USE】 Being MS908P upgraded, it is Autel's latest and most sophisticated diagnostic scanner which boasts the best hardware including Hexa-CPU, 2GB RAM etc. for fast boot-up and multitasking, and the ergonomic design to resist damage of heavy use.
- 【WARRANTY & UPDATE】 You can get quality related services within 12 months warranty, besides, 12 months free online update is available for the latest bug fixes and newly added parameters and car models.
- J2534 ECU Programming: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming tool (also used as a VCI box) that is a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant pass thru reprogramming interface device. Using the updated OEM software, it is capable of helping BMW and Benz users replace the existing software/firmware in the Electronic Control Units (ECU), program new ECUs and fix software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues.
- All System Diagnostics: Simply accessing the diagnostic modes via AutoVin or Control Unit, and you're able to perform diagnosis over all the systems on the vehicle's ECU in order to locate fault systems and retrieve DTCs.
- Accesses the Special Functions: The diagnostic tool is specially designed with the Service section to provide you with quick access to the vehicle systems for various scheduled service and maintenance performances. It provides component adaptation or variant coding functions for custom configurations, and also allows you to reprogram adaptive values for certain components after making repairs.
- ECU Coding: The Coding function is used to re-flash the vehicle control modules, it allows you to update the computer software on the vehicle to the latest version, as well as to reprogram adaptive data for certain components after making repairs or replacements, providing ways for the issues of Drivability, Fuel Efficiency, Power Loss, Fault Codes, Durability of Mechanical Parts.
- Multiple Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, Swedish, Thai, Arabic, Russian
- Modules Coding & Programming - Supporting J2534 ECU Programming Device is capable of replacing the existing software/firmware in the Electronic Control Units (ECU), programming new ECUs and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues for BMW and Mercedes Benz cars, also fixing issues of fuel efficiency, power loss, fault codes and durability of mechanical parts.
- Unrivalled Speed - MS908 Pro Diagnostic Platform bases on the revolutionary Android multitasking operating system, utilizes the powerful Cortex A7+A15 six-core processor, and equips with 9.7-inch LED capacitive touch screen. The system boots up in only 20 seconds which is 300% faster than competing tools, and the diagnostic time for some vehicle is up to 5 times faster than previously required, allowing you to perform your job much quicker.
- Ultrafast Wireless - The Maxisys features advanced dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) 802.11n WIFI that's up to twice as fast as any previous-generation diagnostic systems. Once the wireless VCI is connected to the car, the technician is completely free to move around anywhere in the shop. Its wireless connect-ivity also means you can field updates to the latest software release, allowing for update anywhere and anytime.
- Exceptional OE-Level Coverage - Autel has been committed to providing the best and easiest-to-use diagnostic solution with the most extensive coverage of all systems for all the major vehicle manufactures. This enables independent garages to confidently provide comprehensive servicing in their own workshops without relying on dealer availability Continual software enhancement will provide additional vehicle coverage.
- Smart Technology - Featuring the latest Auto VIN technology to identify CAN vehicles in one touch combined with the exclusive Auto Scan function make the MaxiSys the most intelligent system in the industry. Another smart feature - the industry first cloud-based online community puts you in touch with the latest tips and expertise from technicians around the world. This item offering 2 years free update.
- POWERFUL DIAGNOSIS &ANALYSIS: The Autel Maxisys MS908CV is especially made for working on Heavy Duty vehicles. It contains a whole set of heavy duty vehicle connectors and provides access to all the commonly performed service functions: Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, Immo & keys, Injector Throttle and other regular maintenance functions.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: The complete diagnostic tool kit includes a compact sized MaxiFlash Elite which performs J2534 and J2534-2 pass-thru programming and provides Bluetooth VCI communication between the vehicle and the MaxiSys CV tablet.
- SPECIAL FUCTIONS: The diagnostic scan tool provides the special functions that complete repairs including Injector Quantity Adjustment, DPF Regeneration, Adaptations, Calibrations, Maintenance Resets.
- STRONG FEATURES: The automotive scanner read and clear codes, view and graph live data, perform tool-guided maintenance services, complete an array of special functions and diagnose manufacturer-specific systems including Allison transmissions, Bendix ABS Brake systems, Detroit Diesel Engines and Eaton and Wabash ABS trailer brakes.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European commercial vehicles and industrial machine brands.
Last update on 2019-07-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-07-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API