May 12, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V341000
Cracks may cause engine damage and a stall or an oil leak, increasing the risk of a crash or fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V341
Manufacturer Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 12
Dealers will replace the engine, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed July 9, 2021. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is AMB1.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
AMB1 – Replacing Engine (Stop Delivery/Recall Campaign)
Cayenne Turbo (9YA)
Cracking in the cylinder liners
There is a possibility that cracking has occurred in the cylinder liners on the affected vehicles due to a process error during the casting of the engine block.
Over time, the cracks may widen due to the load during engine operation, causing damage to the cylinder wall and the piston.
- Replacing engine
- Replace vehicle-specific stickers showing the allocation of vehicle identification number to engine number
- Vehicles with M-no. 6GK – (widened wheel arch in vehicle color), replace wheel arch trims on the rear axle
Only vehicles assigned to the campaign (see also PCSS Vehicle Information). This campaign affects 12 vehicles.
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Porsche has decided that a defect that relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2021 Model Year Porsche Cayenne GTS, Cayenne GTS Coupe and Cayenne Turbo vehicles. Our records show that you are the current owner of a vehicle affected by this recall.
What is the issue?
In some of the affected vehicles, the engine block may have been manufactured out of specification. If this occurs on your vehicle, severe engine damage, including potential for sudden loss of power, which increases the risk of a crash, or fire could occur. Until your vehicle is remedied, please follow instructions to the right.
What will Porsche do?
What should you do?
Please contact any authorized Porsche dealer to schedule an appointment to have this Recall performed as soon as possible, and to arrange for alternate transportation, if requested.
If in the meantime you hear unusual noises coming from the engine compartment or the oil pressure warning in the instrument cluster illuminates, please immediately park your vehicle and contact Porsche Customer Support or your authorized Porsche dealer by phone.
This is an important Safety Recall.
The remedy will take up to 2 business days to perform, however depending on the dealer’s work schedule, it may be necessary to make your vehicle available for a longer period of time.
1 Affected Product
7 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – AMB1 Stop delivery / Recall campaign – Replacing engineRCMN-21V341-9203
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V341-5048
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V341-6764
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-3
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-21V341-5479
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-4
Latest Recalls Documents
- Full Synthetic Formula Helps Maximize Power And Acceleration
- Formulated To Provide Outstanding Wet Clutch Protection For Maximum Power Transfer And Smooth Shifting
- Added Protection Against Harmful Deposits That Can Decrease Engine Performance
- Excellent Wear And Corrosion Protection To Help Keep The Engine Performing Its Best
- Mobil 1 High Mileage full-synthetic motor oil 10W-40 is designed for engines with over 75,000 miles to go up to 10,000 miles between oil changes.*
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve your fuel economy
- Provides excellent internal engine heat protection (up to 500 degrees F) and low temperature protection (to -30 degrees F)
- Helps extend engine life by working to prevent damaging deposits and sludge buildup
- Superior detergency that helps prevent deposit build up
- Superior oil burn off protection versus leading conventional oils
- Seal conditioners help reduce leaks; Bottle Color: Green
- Advanced additives that help prevent engine wear
- Exceeds ILSAC GF-5, API SN
- PERFORMANCE - Full synthetic formula with excellent film strength to resist shear and oxidation for maximum fluid life
- PROTECTION – Additives protect against corrosion of internal engine components and provides overall engine wear protection in high heat conditions
- PEACE OF MIND - Easy starting and instant cold flow engine protection in low temperatures
- HARSH CONDITIONS – Optimizes clutch performance even in wet clutch applications
- FITS EVERYTHING – Meets or exceeds all major powersports vehicle manufacturer’s warranty requirements
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION than the industry standard with enhanced anti-wear additives, keeping critical engine components safe and preventing metal surfaces from making contact
- EXCEPTIONAL TEMPERATURE PROTECTION no matter the weather with superior viscosity modifiers to ensure oil flows more easily, coats more completely, and resists thermal breakdown even in the fiercest driving conditions
- ENHANCED FRICTION PERFORMANCE HELPS MAXIMIZE POWER with advanced friction-fighting agents that properly lubricate moving parts and help your older engine maintain its horsepower to perform its best for longer
- REDUCE SLUDGE, DEPOSITS, CORROSION, AND RUST with added detergents and anti-corrosion additives, sustaining your engine’s performance and preventing higher emissions
- REFRESH AGING SEALS AND PREVENT LEAKS both inside and outside your engine with premium seal conditioners
- Formulated with Trizone technology to protect all 3 critical zones: engine, clutch and gearbox
- Race derived technology for maximum engine acceleration
- Extreme high temperature air-cooled performance and water-cooled engine performance
- Excellent shear stability to prevent viscosity breakdown
- Exceeds API SL and JASO MA-2
- Proprietary Synerlec technology elevates film strength to 3X to 4X that of other synthetic engine oils for outstanding valvetrain protection
- Formulated with up to 30% more anti-wear chemistry than other conventional and synthetic spec engine oils
- Superior corrosion protection
- Improved sealing between the piston ring and cylinder wall maximizes horsepower and torque and optimizes fuel economy
- Exceptionally high film strength for dramatic reductions in engine wear and reduced engine heat to extend the life of your engine
- Superior Performance Against Deposits, Wear And Oxidation
- Product Type: Auto Oil
- Country Of Origin : United States
- Package Weight: 5.557 Kilograms
- Yamalube OEM Factory 4 Stroke All Purpose Oil
- Performance-Blend is Suitable for use in Motorcycles, ATVs, Side-by-Side Vehicles, and Scooters
- Mineral Oil Provides Stable Clutch Performance and Strength to Protect the Engine from Wear and Tear
- Oil Meets or Exceeds the JASO MA Requirements
- Genuine OEM Yamaha Product
- Formulated with proprietary Synerlec additive chemisty providing 3X to 4X the load carrying capacity of other synthetic engine oils
- High film strength protects buckets, crankshafts and reduces piston scuffing
- Superior rust and corrosion protection
- Cooler operation and less parasitic power loss
- Meets the requirements of JASO MA2 for wet clutch compatibility
Last update on 2022-08-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.