December 11, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V875000
Improper CRS installation increases the risk of an injury to the occupant in the event of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V875
Manufacturer Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Components EQUIPMENT, CHILD SEAT
Potential Number of Units Affected 15,501
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2014 Cayman and Cayman S, 2014-2016 911 GT3, 2016 911 GT3 RS and 911 R, 2018 911 GT3 and 911 GT2 RS and 2019 911 GT3 RS, 911 GT3, and 911 GT2 RS vehicles. The Child Restraint System (CRS) instructions within the Owner’s Manual may not provide enough specificity for proper installation. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, “Child Restraint Anchorage Systems.”
Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will provide a an Owner’s Manual supplement with proper CRS installation instructions, free of charge. The recall began February 7, 2020. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche’s number for this recall is AKC0.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
February 7, 2020
This notice applies to your vehicle:
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act Porsche has decided that certain 2014 Porsche Cayman and 2014-2019 Porsche 911 Carrera vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 225 “Child restraint anchorage systems.”
What should you do?
Please insert the enclosed supplement into your Owner’s Manual to ensure that your vehicle is equipped with a complete Owner’s Manual.
You received this notice because our records indicate that you are the current owner of a vehicle affected by this recall.
What is the issue?
The description for installing a Child Restraint System (CRS) in the Owner’s Manual are not detailed enough to meet the applicable requirements. Corrected instructions are enclosed.
What will Porsche do?
Porsche is supplying you with an Owner’s Manual supplement with additional CRS installation instructions. If you have any additional questions concerning CRS installation, we encourage you to call at the number below.
What if you are not the owner or operator of this vehicle?
If you are the lessor and registered owner of the vehicle identified in this action, the law requires you to forward this letter immediately via first-class mail to the lessee within ten days of receipt of this notice.
If you have changed your address or sold the vehicle, please fill out the enclosed prepaid Owner Reply Card and mail it to us so we can update our records.
Can we assist you further?
Please be aware that if you require any assistance in making an appointment to have this recall performed, please call or write:
If you believe that the dealer or Porsche has failed or is unable to perform the remedy without charge or within a reasonable amount of time, you may file a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590 or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 7-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9753) or go to: https://www.safercar.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause you. We are taking this action to help ensure your safety and continued satisfaction with your vehicle.
Very truly yours,
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
General Reimbursement Plan of Porsche Cars North America Inc.
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (“PCNA”) submits the following general reimbursement plan in accordance with 49 U.S.C. S 80120(d) and 49 C.F.R S 573.6(c)(8)(i) to reimburse owners and purchasers for costs incurred for remedies in advance of PCNA’s notification of safety-related defects and noncompliance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards under subsection (b) or (c) of 49 U.S.C. S 301 18 (“the Plan”).
1. Reimbursement Period.
a. The beginning date for reimbursement shall be determined as follows:
(i) For a noncompliance with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, the beginning date for reimbursement shall be the date of the first test or observation by either NHTSA or the manufacturer indicating that a noncompliance may exist.
(ii) For a safety-related defect that is determined to exist following the opening of an Engineering Analysis (EA) by NHTSA’s Office of Defects Investigation (ODI), the beginning date for reimbursement shall be the date the EA was opened, or one (1) year before the date of PCNA’s notification to NHTSA pursuant to 49 C.F.R. S 573.6, whichever is earlier.
(iii) For a safety-related defect that is determined to exist in the absence of the opening of an EA, the beginning date for reimbursement shall be one (1) year before the date of PCNA’s notification to NHTSA pursuant to 49 C.F.R S 578.6.
b. The ending date for reimbursement shall be ten (10) calendar days after the date on which PCNA mailed the last of its owner notifications pursuant to 49 C.F.R. Part 577.
c. PCNA may choose to extend the reimbursement periods for a particular recall in its discretion.
2. Reimbursement Conditions.
PCNA will reimburse owners and purchasers for pre-notification repair or replacement subject to the following conditions:
a. PCNA will not reimburse for costs incurred within the period during which a PCNA original or a PCNA issued extended warranty would have provided for a free repair without any payment by the consumer of the defect addressed by the recall unless (i) the customer submitted the vehicle to a franchised dealer or authorized representative of PCNA, who then denied warranty coverage or (ii) the repair made under warranty did not remedy the defect addressed by the recall. Any warranty covered by this subsection must be in writing.
b. PCNA will not reimburse owners or purchasers:
(i) If the pre-recall notification repair was not of the same type (repair, replacement or refund of purchase price) as the recall remedy;
(ii) If the pre-recall notification repair did not address the defect or noncompliance that led to the recall or a manifestation of the defect or noncompliance; or
(iii) If the pre-recall notification repair was not reasonably necessary to correct the defect or noncompliance that led to the recall or a manifestation of the defect or noncompliance.
However, nothing stated in subsection 2.b shall require that the pre-recall notification repair be identical to the recall remedy.
3. Amount of Reimbursement.
The amount of reimbursement shall be limited to out of pocket costs incurred by the owner of the vehicle at the time of the pre-recall notification repair as set forth below:
a. For parts, labor, and miscellaneous fees such as disposal of waste and taxes for the pre-recall notification repair;
b. Regardless of subsection 8.a., the reimbursed costs for labor shall be limited to the standard local labor rate at the time of the pre-recall notification repair charged by the nearest authorized Porsche dealership for such a repair.
c. Regardless of subsection 8.a., the reimbursed costs for parts shall be limited to PCNA’s retail price for authorized parts at the time of the pre-recall notification repair.
d. Any other costs, whether associated, consequential, or otherwise, will not be reimbursed.
4. Documentation Necessary to Obtain Reimbursement.
The following documentation must be submitted to obtain reimbursement:
a. Name and address of the claimant;
b. Documentation establishing vehicle ownership by the claimant at the time of the pre-recall notification repair;
c. Documentation establishing vehicle make, model, model year and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN);
d. PCNA’s recall number or NHTSA’s recall number;
e. A receipt, such as a dealership Repair Order, invoice, or payment information for the pre-recall notification repair.
(i) Such documentation should provide sufficient information to reflect that the pre-recall notification repair addressed the same defect or noncompliance that is to be addressed by the recall. If the documentation does not do that, additional documentation should be provided by the claimant to make such connection clear.
(ii) If reimbursement is sought for the replacement of a vehicle part, the receipt must identify the replaced part and state the total amount paid for the part that replaced the defective or noncompliant part.
f. If the pre-recall notification remedy was obtained at a time when the vehicle could have been repaired or replaced at no charge under PCNA’s original or extended warranty program, the claimant must provide documentation indicating that (a) an authorized Porsche dealer or repair facility refused to remedy the problem addressed by the recall under the warranty or (b) the repair obtained under warranty did not correct the problem addressed by the recall.
5. Where Reimbursement Documents are to be Submitted.
PCNA will not reimburse claimants who do not submit adequate documentation to PCNA at the following address:
6. Response to Request for Reimbursement.
a. PCNA will act upon a claim for reimbursement within sixty (60) days of its receipt. If PCNA denies the claim, PCNA will send a notice to the claimant within sixty (60) days of receipt of the claim, which will contain a clear, concise statement of the reasons for the denial.
b. If the claim for reimbursement was incomplete when originally submitted, PCNA will advise the claimant within sixty (60) days of receipt of the claim of the documentation that is needed and offer the claimant an opportunity in writing to resubmit the claim with complete documentation.
c. Any disputes over the denial in whole or in part of a claim for reimbursement shall be resolved between the claimant and PCNA. PCNA acknowledges NHTSA’s statement that it will not mediate or resolve any disputes regarding the eligibility for, or the amount of, reimbursement.
7. Form of Reimbursement.
If the claim is approved in whole or in part, reimbursement will be provided in the form of a check.
Reimbursement for a pre-recall notification remedy shall not be provided to an owner pursuant to this Plan if the vehicle was bought by the first purchaser more than 15 calendar years before notice was given by PCNA under 49 U.S.C. S 301 18(c) or an order was issued under 49 U.S.C. S 301 181b).
9. Recalls Concerning Labels.
PCNA will not reimburse owners or purchasers for recalls based solely on noncompliant or defective labels.
10. Reimbursement Plan Availability to the Public.
PCNA will make a copy of this Plan available to members of the public upon request.
11 Affected Products
|PORSCHE||911 GT2 RS||2018-2019|
|PORSCHE||911 GT3||2014-2016, 2018-2019|
|PORSCHE||911 GT3 RS||2016, 2019|
10 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-1RCLQRT-19V875-3276
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-2
Part 577 Owner Notification EnvelopeRONE-19V875-6809
Miscellaneous Document – Cayman OM InsertRMISC-19V875-4078
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Miscellaneous Document – 911 OM InsertRMISC-19V875-7127
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Reimbursement PlanRMRP-19V875-0342
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-3RCLQRT-19V875-4906
Latest Recalls Documents
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback booster (40-100 lb)
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that help to protect your child in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your growing child
- 6-position recline keeps your child comfy and helps for a better installation
- ❤Waterproof & Easy to Clean: Car rides with children and pets often call for unexpected spills and messes that soil the upholstery which takes a lot of effort to clean. Made with premium quality 600D waterproof Oxford fabric, the car seat mat is easy to clean - simply wipe off the dirt with a damp cloth. The fabric is super tough for maximum protection against scratches and compression marks made by baby seats and pet paws.
- ❤Anti Slip Design to Prevent the Child Car Seat From Sliding: This car seat cover has a slide-proof construction to stay put once you position it on the seat, ensuring your child's safety seat won't move once installed. Grips on both sides prevent the cover from slipping on the seat surface, and your child's car seat from slipping on the cover.
- ❤Compatible with All Seats & Easy to Install: Unique one piece design is compatible with all car seats. The car seat pad is used under a child’s safety seat and fits with all cars, trucks, vans and SUVs. It quickly installs to any car with easy adjustable straps that fasten to the headrest.
- ❤More Intimate Design: The extra tall back panel is specially designed to fit today's larger car seats. For added convenience in transit, the vehicle seat cover comes with an adjustable strap to secure the back panel to your car's headrest. Install and remove your child's car seat with unmatched stability. Grips on both sides prevent the cover from slipping on the seat surface, and your child's car seat from slipping on the cover.
- ❤If you have any questions or suggestions about car seat protector, please let us know, we will solve it till you are satisfied.
- Back Seat Protector- Protect leather fabric seats from spills, scuffs, indentations, and scratches. Use high-quality Oxford, non-toxic, harmless and breathable. NO bad chemical smell, overwhelming smell or pungent smell. Will not leave any marks or goo residue on any colour seats
- Car Seat Protector for Child Car Seat- Baby car seat protector extend your car upholstery life, highly resilient fabric protects the seat from creasing and cracking caused by the baby booster car seat. The 2 large pockets in the bottom for storing your child's toys, and treats, books
- Durable& Easy to Clean- Back seat cover for kids, wear-resistant and durable, water-resistant. Footprints and stains can be wiped off with a damp cloth easily. Made of thickened 600D fabric, leather reinforced corners, can be used as a seat cover for dog cat seat
- Non Slip& No Marks- We selected the densest WHITE non-slip points to apply to the entire backrest and seat mat of car seat cover, which is more non-slip than ordinary seat protector. It's heat resistant, Won't melt and Won't leave any marks on the light leather seats. Top quality adjustment buckle and straps, adjustable length and tight, fasten to the headrest to ensure car seat pad do not slip off
- Large Car Seat Mat- The backrest: 23.6 x19 inch, the seat: 18.5 x 19 inch, the mesh is 15 x 8.5 inch. Perfectly cover the seat and backrest, fit to most vehicles with the measurement. Breathable mesh on the back provides comfort for your family travel. Easy to install and remove. Our car seat back protectorprotect every detail
- Quick-release LATCH system
- Built-in carry handle
- Contoured ErgoBoost seat with double-foam padding
- Machine-washable fabrics and dishwasher-safe Cup holders
- Smooth, non-marking underside
- The Cosco Finale DX 2 in 1 Combination Booster Car Seat features a 5 point safety harness that converts to a belt positioning booster seat as your child grows, IIHS Best Bet rating for use in booster mode
- With extended use in both of its 2 modes, this car seat accommodates children from 30 to 65 pounds forward facing with a harness, and as a belt positioning booster for toddlers and older kids 40 to 100 pounds
- Perfect for growing families and carpools, this lightweight seat is easy to move from car to car; 3 of these car seats are designed to fit side by side across the back seat of most vehicles
- An included removable and dishwasher safe cup holder on the side of this car seat allows your child to easily reach for their favorite drink or snack. Remove all dirt, mud and other debris using a damp cloth
- Remove the easy to clean booster car seat pad and toss it into the washing machine and then your dryer for stress free cleaning
- PORTABLE AND PACKABLE | Car seats no longer have to be heavy, bulky and impractical. The hiccapop UberBoost portable car seat inflates with only a few breaths (takes less than 20 seconds), and installs easily and quickly. Deflates and rolls up tightly in its own travel bag for compact fit in suitcases, carry-ons, large purse or backpack.
- CERTIFIED SAFE FOR YOUR MOST PRECIOUS CARGO | Your child deserves a comfortable and safe car seat for those quick journeys in rental cars, taxis, Uber rides, on school trips or in car pools. Meets or exceeds all federal standards for car seat safety (FMVSS213 Federal Motor Safety Standard for USA).
- STURDY, STABLE, SECURE | Non-skid base is designed to sit firm and steady on leather, vinyl or cloth seats. Provides soothing stability while riding and limits movement in case of an accident. Gentle on your upholstery.
- PRACTICAL DIMENSIONS | Narrow yet roomy design allows you to fit 3 UberBoost inflatable car seats across the back seat of smaller vehicles, or fit 1 in between 2 traditional car seats. Perfectly accommodates large families, car poolers and busy soccer moms!
- SECURITY AND COMFORT | Buoyant and extra comfy for small bottoms. (Your little one will love the ultra cushiony design!) Positioning clips ensure that child’s belt fits properly and comfortably across the lap rather than dangerously digging into the stomach, preventing internal damage in the event of an accident.
- 5-POINT HARNESS SECURITY: Two position points at each shoulder, two position points at the child's hips, and one point where the harness buckles between the legs to give your child the best possible protection
- 3 HARNESS POSITIONS: There are three slots to position the harness shoulder straps depending on the age and height of your child. Shoulder straps should be at or just above the shoulders whenever using a forward-facing car seat
- TWO MODE OPTIONS: This forward-facing five-point harness car seat is made for children weighing between 22 and 65 pounds and 29 to 49 inches in height. Converts to a belt-positioning booster seat for older children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches in height. We recommend using the 5-point harness to the maximum recommended weight and height before using this car seat as a belt-positioning booster
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: This seat exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS 213). Side Impact Tested only when used with a 5-point harness. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety "Best Bet" rating when used as a belt-positioning booster
- ADDED COMFORT: Three-position adjustable height headrest is equipped with energy-absorbing EPS foam. Two cup holders provide added convenience to hold drinks or store treats
- This 2-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat fitting children from 22-110 lbs converts from a 5-point harnessed to belt-positioning car seat allowing for extended use for your child
- Upfront Harness Adjust: Central, front access to the harness adjuster provides an easy way to adjust child's harness for an accurate, snug fit
- This lightweight Combination Booster Car Seat comes equipped for LATCH systems allowing for easy installation and transfer between multiple vehicles. Do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents.
- Buckle Positions: 2 crotch buckle positions to adjust for more seating space as a child grows; Certified for use in aircraft: When used with the internal 5-point harness this restraint meets FAA Inversion requirements for airplane use.
- Integrated cup holders keep drinks close without increasing the width of the car seat, allowing multiple car seats to fit your back seat. Harness booster age at least two years of age. Fit tip: child's ears are below top of the child restraint headrest. Seat belt booster age at least four years of age
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth
- Grows with your child from forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds) to backless booster (40-100 pounds) to continue to meet industry standards, we have increased the weight minimum from 30 to 40 pounds
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion.Do not use bleach
- Lightweight, portable seat is ideal for busy, active parents
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest grows with your child
- 🎮FEATURE🎮Hold the Nintendo Switch stably & safely without scratch and allow passengers to play it conveniently in the back seat of the car
- 🎮EASY TO USE🎮Wrap, Fasten, Play after quick installation (Joy-Con controllers must be detached from console before fitting into silicon holder)
- 🎮EYESIGHT & NECK🎮Keep the right distance & upright posture to avoid causing discomfort of eyes and neck
- 🎮ADJUSTABLE & VERSATILE🎮Adjust the position of seat mount to fit people of different heights, like kids, teenagers, adults; Work for detachable & integrated headrest; Compatible with the tablets (Up to 7.9 inches), like iPad Mini & Kindle Paperwhite
- 🎮WHAT ELSE YOU GET🎮Offer the free replacement without asking within 365 days and helpful customer service 7*24 hours
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.